PitaPata Dog tickers

PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers

Sunday, October 28, 2012

The V-Word

VACCINATIONS!
dun, dun, dunnn

All puppies have to go through a series of vaccinations to ensure their health and the health of any other dogs they come in contact with.  We've never had our own puppy before and our parents took care of vaccinating our family dogs so this is sort of uncharted territory for us.  The woman we adopted Betty from said she got her first set of puppy vaccinations from an at-home kit purchased from Tractor Supply Co.  I've never heard of at-home vaccinations and I'm a bit weary of it even though I'd prefer 9 times out of 10 to do things myself.  She said they were only $7 a set so that is a huge difference seeing as a typical vet visit can run upwards of $75.  We're still on the fence about whether to get the shots from TSC or take Betty to the vet.  We've got 2 weeks before she's due for her next set but money is really tight so I guess I'll have to do some more research before then so we can make an informed decision.

If you've given your dog at-home vaccinations from TSC or a similar place we'd love to hear from you, please drop us a line! As always we appreciate any feedback you can give us!


I found this great "Dummies" site with the puppy vaccination schedule.  
I'll definitely be hanging onto it for future reference.



Till Next Time!
XOXO
Betty
Rachel & Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment